OK, so we all know that when you tow absolutely anything round behind a sport fishing boat within the South Pacific, ultimately, a blue marlin goes to have a look and have a go.
That being stated, most of us do not have the time nor the inclination to spend per week trolling a pineapple wrapped in tinfoil simply to see what occurs.
Company going fishing aboard Chunk Me depend on the crew to evaluate the situations, choose the very best areas, discover the bait and troll the lures probably to lift a blue.
Through the years we have now tried and examined all kinds of lures and have established a reasonably productive unfold which types the premise of any blue marlin hunt.
We normally begin off with the fundamentals after which tweak this to match the prevailing situations or swap a number of lures to cowl all our bases, i.e. run lures that simulate the baitfish we consider the marlin are looking.
Say, for instance you’re out trolling on the Kadavu trench and also you come throughout a college of skipjack tuna feeding on the floor.
We might instantly examine to ensure we had no less than one lure out that imitates a wounded skipjack. It is a massive empty ocean. Any marlin within the space goes to be targeted on the skipjack and can most likely ignore every part else.
Match the hatch’ because the freshwater fly fishermen are fond of claiming. Its simply as applicable to looking marlin as when casting flies to a brown trout.
The next is a pattern of our primary beginning blue marlin lure unfold from left to proper):
- Black Bart Scorching breakfast
- Joe Yee Apollo (Evil skirt)
- John Lau Talibung
- High Gun Ball-bearing Nightmare
- Pakula Rat
- Hollowpoint Cabo Killa
I’ve laid them out in roughly the same old positions. The smaller lures on both facet normally work finest and are best when run from the outriggers. The bigger lures within the centre are normally run from the corners, nearer in to the transom.
- Black Bart Scorching breakfast – Sliced face jetted lure – Quick rigger – Lengthy slender bubble path
- Joe Yee Apollo in ‘Evil’ – Sliced face lure – Quick rigger – Most likely among the finest blue marlin lures in existence. Immitates a skipjack tuna
- John Lau Talibung – Sliced confronted lure – Quick rigger or Lengthy Nook – A superb all-rounder and the black head & pearl insert attracts repeat strikes
- High Gun Ball-bearing Nightmare – Sliced confronted head that rotates to keep up the best head angle – Quick Nook – All climate – First grander in Vanuatu
- Pakula Rat – Pusher fashion with concave head – All positions, typically Quick or Lengthy Nook – An aggressive lure with giant diving bubble path
- Hollowpoint Cabo Killa – Sliced face lure – Lengthy Rigger – Medium bubble path, good immitation of a skipjack tuna
This unfold works effectively for us in Fiji and has accounted for quite a few blues. We do in fact have a big number of different lures aboard our gamefishing vessels however it’s a must to begin someplace. We range colors slightly all year long in line with the baitfish current and are pleased to take ‘lure requests’ from angling company however as a place to begin the above unfold can have you off heading in the right direction.
If you’re pondering or attempting out a few new lures in your unfold, I can safely say that any of the above lures could be effectively value a run.pa
- Pakula lures – www.pakula.com.au
- MBT Lures – www.mbtlures.com
- Hollowpoint Lures – www.holelevellures.com
- John Lau Lures – Contact John at email@example.com
- Marlin Magic Lures – http://www.meltontackle.com
- Black Bart Lures – http://www.blackbartlures.com
- Wellseys Lures – http://www.wellsystackle.com
If you wish to know what the highest Australian skippers use, take a look at the lead article within the Feb / Mar situation of BlueWater journal at http://www.bluewatermag.com.au